[TYPO3-core] Bug #2994 and the update wizard

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Sun Apr 2 10:39:38 CEST 2006

Ingmar Schlecht <ingmar at typo3.org> writes on
Sun, 02 Apr 2006 00:00:15 +0200 (METDST):

> Hi Martin,
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > BT: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2994
> >
> > An improvement in 4.0 causes now a problem for PHP4.
> > SYS[t3lib_cs_utils]
> > allowed regarding to the docs the value "iconv". But this was bogus
> >
> > until TYPO3 4.0. "iconv" is now allowed but *only* for PHP5.
> >
> > I don't want to add a PHP5 check to t3lib_cs.
>
> Actually, I dont like such checks in there either, but I think it's
> the only way to go.

Why?!?!?

SYS[t3lib_cs_utils]=iconv NEVER EVER WORKED AT ALL. You could have set it to SYS[t3lib_cs_utils]=blah with the same effect. The docs in config_deafult.php were wrong all the time.

Thew whole point of this settings is to speed up things up. The check

> If you know a better solution, I'll remove Ernesto's patch again.

I have asked two times here how I can make the update witard check this. No one bothered to tell me if this is possible at all.

SO is still think if that an item on the things-to-do-on-upgrade-list is enough:

"If you have set SYS[t3lib_cs_utils]=iconv and use PHP4 you jave to change this setting. From 4.0 on this only works with PHP5 (and was a blind option withou any effect in previous versions of TYPO3)."

Masi