[TYPO3-core] Gremlin #187: config.stat_apache_pagenames code [type] ends up empty (Clean the logfile writing)

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Oct 26 23:06:45 CEST 2005

Hi Bernhard,

> > Because "echo" does only make sense if open_basedir is set, I first
> > thought I keep this option. However, there is an is_file check which
> > would never work anyway if open_basedir was used. So removing
> > $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['logfile_write'] seems to be just fine!
>
> It could work to don't make an isfile check when the "echo" method shall
> get used this would enable it to have a logfile outside of openbase_dir.
> I don't know if this is required ore more seen as a feature.

My point is that nobody could use this feature so far, so if we remove it
_now_ nobody will even notice it!

Generally I think it's a bad idea to provide workarounds for security features
in PHP. Other than that I know only one server who uses open_basedir while
safe_mode is disabled...

> In my opinion it is ok to have just the fputs method.
>
> So if nobody else complains about the missing "openbase_dir" feature you
> have +1 from me

Perfect. So I will make that change tomorrow.

Thanks. Michael