[TYPO3-core] Gremlin #1161: Cannot give access to all modules to a backend user when there are many backend modules loaded

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Oct 26 14:41:57 CEST 2005

User writes:

When there are 16 or so (or more) modules in the backend that you would like
to give a user access to, through the "User Admin" module, there is always
one module you cannot select.

In other words, if you try to select all modules and allow them to the user,
when you save the last one (or one other of them) will be reverted back to
unassigned, and there is no way to assign them all.

With less modules, it is possible to select all of them.

Solution:

Change maxitems in $TCA.

Questions:

I wonder why this has been set to such a low default. Are there any impacts
with a higher value? I don't see any problems so far...

- michael

PS: This patch was written by Valentin Schmid of IC Surselva who assisted us
during two days - thanks!
--
Use a newsreader! Check out