[TYPO3-core] Gremlin #381: "Page is being generated" should be localized

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Oct 26 14:37:22 CEST 2005

User writes:

The message "Page is being generated.
If this message does not disappear within 30 seconds, please reload."
should be translated in the current language.

Solution:

It is not possible to localize this because $GLOBALS['LANG'] is not yet
available. However I've made it overridable by changing the existing config
property which (it seems) was not usable until now!

In the past, the property config.message_page_is_being_generated had to
contain a complete html page including <head> tags, etc.

However, it was not possible to redirect because the target of the refresh
URL would have to be set for each page separately. So in my opinion,
changing this property is fine.

Have a look at the current TSref description:

config.message_page_is_being_generated
string
Alternative message in HTML that appears if a page is being generated.
Normally when a page is being generated a temporary copy is stored in
the cache-table with an expire-time of 30 seconds.

Does this need to be changed? In my opinion, this expects just a line of
content but allows HTML tag. Which is what the patch actually does...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out