[TYPO3-core] Page shortcut resolving (@sebastian)

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Wed Nov 23 13:37:01 CET 2005

Hi Coresters

I just looked at Sebastians change (I think it was him committing it) to
t3lib_page::getMenu() where he resolves shortcuts.

I have two possible problems:
- Somewhere I think getMenu() is used to retrive the ACTUAL pages under a PID
and in that case it will be fooled by a resolved shortcut! That will lead to
a direct error.
- In eg. realurl we will now get errors in the path management module because
it will find that the same path is generated for two different Page IDs... or
maybe it wont. Well, actually no url will be generated for the shortcut page
- nevermind...

Anyway, can't it be argued that sometimes people actually would like the URL
to point to the shortcut page and not the destination? Why is this not
configurable?

I'm not asking you to change it back, just expressing some possible problems
there might come, but lets wait and see.

--
- kasper