[TYPO3-core] RFC: Keeping track of TSref changes

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Nov 22 20:08:07 CET 2005

Hi Kasper et al,

I have discussed this with Kasper already, but we didn't find the perfect
solution for this yet.

Whenever we change something in a document (mostly in TSref) we have to make
sure that the documentation doesn't get lost.

My suggestions are quite easy to follow, so please do your best to do so:

Rule 1)
Whenever you access a configuration option (TS / User TS / Page TS) make
sure to load the configuration into an array called $<prefix>conf. Prefix
can be empty. Valid names would be: $conf, $lConf, $mConf.

This way, we can simply make a diff between 3.8 and 4.0 and then run:
egrep "\$.?[Cc]onf\["

I think this is in most situations the case already, so I will try to find
out how much of all changes can be located this way.

@Kasper: If we agree with this rule, I would like you to add this to the CGL

Rule 2)
When you have committed your change to CVS, send the patch request including
the documentation snippet again and add "DOCUMENTATION" to the subject.
That should be easy I think.

Any other ideas?

Regards, michael
--