[TYPO3-core] RFC: XHTML compliance of GMENU with onmouseover images(#874)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Sat Nov 12 18:28:48 CET 2005

Sebastian Kurfuerst <sebastian at garbage-group.de> writes on
Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:51:52 +0100 (MET):

> Solution:
> - use 'id' instead of 'name' in tslib/class.tslib_menu.php
> - fallback to getElementById(name) in the generated javascript, so
> that IE will find the img we are referring to

IE adds all objects per name AND id attribute to the DOM 0 collections.

So the getELementById will never be called in IE (and it seems in Firefox). But I can't say anything about other browsers.

OTOH getELementById should never be called (for some years) with a test if it's an available function.

And please don't test against $GLOBALS['TSFE']->config['config']['doctype']. This may be s string with a valid DOCTYPE (eg xhtml+mathml etc) that will never get recognized. If we need something like this in the Core we should have a separate setting for this.

I have (or had?) some lines of code that did an auto-detection from config.doctype but had a manual override for custom doctypes.

Masi