[TYPO3-core] Gremlin #1081: hardcoded <p> tags inside tablecells

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Wed Nov 9 09:32:18 CET 2005

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:31:39 +0100 (MET):

> Hi Sebastian,
>

> > Notes:
> > what was the initial reason to do this hard-coded wrapping?
>
> I wonder about this, too. Maybe better wait for Kaspers answer before
> you commit this.

While I agree that they are not necessary, I don't think they should be removed. It will break all current CSS.

Who will read the Changelog taht carefully? If we do such things we should consider writing upgrade docs. eg

P tags have removed from rendering of TABLE content elements:

If your CSS relies on P tags within the TD tags, you can reenable them by setting the following Typosecipt:

tt_content.table.20.innerStdWrap.wrap = <p>|</p>

So -1 if we have no upgrade doc, -0 because I think those who care have set up their CSS accordingly.

Masi