[TYPO3-core] TCEForms: <label> tags around icons for moving/deleting repetitive Flexform items

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Tue Nov 8 17:31:35 CET 2005

Sebastian Kurfuerst wrote:
> I think your patch doesn't impose problems, it think just that this is
> some kind of "hidden" feature many users won't discover.

Actually, the first time I saw the move/delete icons I tried to click
them. Seeing that you can't click them, for the next three seconds I
thought the whole move/delete feature was just not implemented yet. Then
I suddenly saw the checkboxes... Label tags would have saved me three
seconds if they were used! :-)

> but I am not sure if the label-tag
> should be used everywhere because of the reasons above.

I agree that the Firefox behavior on checkboxes can be somewhat
unexpected, but the IE implementation that the field is highlighted when
you mouseover the label seems quite useful to me.

cheers,
Ingmar