[TYPO3-core] Gremlin #381: "Page is being generated" should belocalized

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Sat Nov 5 13:49:25 CET 2005

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:37:22 +0200 (METDST):

> User writes:
>
> The message "Page is being generated.
> If this message does not disappear within 30 seconds, please reload."
> should be translated in the current language.

I see a problem in using UTF-8 without any conversion. Has getConfigVar() already been called at that time? If yes, you can use $this->csCOnvObj to recode the string to $this->renderCharset. If not it could perhaps called there just for this purpose.

I wouldn't set the attributes lang and xml:lang to en. You're trying to make it configurably, and so I think we need either a config.message_page_is_being_generated_lang or simply omit these attributes if config.message_page_is_being_generated is set.

On a sidenote I'd rather use transitional than strict. Folks are lazy :-)

Masi

PS: I tried to find the right place to set HTTP headers for this temporary content. From the discussion on typo3.dev I preferred this solution:

header('Status: 503 Service Unavailable');
header('Retry-After: 30');