[TYPO3-core] RFC: version numbers

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Dec 29 17:29:02 CET 2005

Robert Lemke wrote:

>  > I'd suggest either:
>  >  - removing this extension from TER (-1)
>  >  - adding a field in TER2 to set the typo3 versions supported, and do a
>  > filtering based on that in the EM - Robert, Karsten, what do you think?
>  >  - just incrementing the version number in the core to _at least_ the
>  > one in TER.
>
> Number 3 only.
>
> Please make sure that the version number in the emconf is at least the
> version in TER when you commit to CVS. What I did with TemplaVoila was
> setting it (manually) to 0.5.0CVS. But don't add a suffix like I did
> ("CVS"), "0.5.0" would have been better.

Maybe this is again the reason why system extensions should not go into TER.
If you still add it, you have to deal with the consequences on your own.

Robert: Again, please make sure that all system extensions cannot be
downloaded from TER unless the author explicitely wants that (for now I
think this applies only to DBAL and rtehtmlarea (if Stan wants so).

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out