[TYPO3-core] Big problem: rtehtmlarea doesn't work in Beta1

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Wed Dec 28 14:00:02 CET 2005

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 23:59:01 +0100 (MET):

> Hi Dmitry,
>

> > Btw, is htmlarea license compatible with GPL? Did anyone evaluate
> > it?
> > http://www.dynarch.com/demos/htmlarea/license.txt
>
> Good point! Well, I just searched Google and as it seems, opinions are
> very different. Some say it can be used, some say it can't.

IMHO clause 3 concering interactivetools.com may be a problem. It's an additional restriction and the GPL allows none of them.

> In my opinion, it is no problem to keep it like we have it: The bridge
> (= the code that embeds htmlarea in TYPO3) is GPL while the editor
> remains to be under a private license.

That doesn't change it. The code is linked.

What we can do this if we add an exemption for HTMLarea in our licence. How this can be done can be found on the GNU licence FAQ.

Masi