[TYPO3-core] Big problem: rtehtmlarea doesn't work in Beta1

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Dec 28 00:01:53 CET 2005

> A little bit offtopic but... I do not understand why htmlarea was
> choosen. I tried a number of editors, tinymce seemd to be the fastest
> and the best looking. Also I was satisfied with code quality of tinymce.
> Its API is very simple and logical. When I evaluated tinymce for my
> private development, I choosed tinymce as the best solition due to its
> simplicity, stability and good API.
>
> I know that htmlarea is no longer supported by original development
> team. Someone told that it is developed independently now. But how
> serious is this development? Was it the right choice to use htmlarea?

rtehtmlarea was chosen because it is the most complete RTE for use with TYPO3.
Stanislas is doing a great job and the editor is used by a lot of people
already.

Maybe it will one day be replaced with a better solution (which is fully
integrated with TYPO3), but at the moment I don't see any of them on the
horizon...

Regards, michael