[TYPO3-core] Big problem: rtehtmlarea doesn't work in Beta1

Dmitry Dulepov dima at spamcop.net
Tue Dec 27 21:22:04 CET 2005

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> I just tried to merge rtehtmlarea into TYPO3core but failed during the test if
> it's working at all.
>
> It seems that the current CVS version of tx_rte_htmlarea does not work on a
> 3.9-dev installation. Mozilla reports a Syntax Error in
> sysext/rtehtmlarea/htmlarea/htmlarea.js.
>
> How should I proceed? Wait with 4.0beta1? As it seems, Stanislas is offline
> today...

A little bit offtopic but... I do not understand why htmlarea was
choosen. I tried a number of editors, tinymce seemd to be the fastest
and the best looking. Also I was satisfied with code quality of tinymce.
Its API is very simple and logical. When I evaluated tinymce for my
private development, I choosed tinymce as the best solition due to its
simplicity, stability and good API.

I know that htmlarea is no longer supported by original development
team. Someone told that it is developed independently now. But how
serious is this development? Was it the right choice to use htmlarea?

Sorry again for offtopic.

Dmitry.