[TYPO3-core] RFC: protect localconf.php from being lost

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Sat Dec 17 20:21:34 CET 2005

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:19:45 +0100 (MET):

> Yes, but Karsten suggested that you turn the die() into debug()
> calls.

I think debug is broken as it does not work properly with dynamic IP adresses. So such an important message should not be dependent on debug (or t3lib_div::debug).

It should be properly reported via the page rendering code (install tool or extension manager) and possibly logged as well.

>> Yes, but what shall the function return in such a case? "nochanges"
>> or "error"? "nochanges" is th return value if
>> $this->allowUpdateLocalConf is false. I don't care, but your changes
> should be able to handle the return value.
>
> No, it would for example write this:

Ahem, the dunction DOES currently return such strings.

Masi