[TYPO3-core] good question

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Dec 15 18:20:36 CET 2005

Hi Kasper,

interesting explanation, thanks.

> My problem is this: Above I have explained that the problem was _something_
> with references but I remember that it was only in some rather exotic and
> hard-to-find case that it failed. This means; If we change this we might
> not encounter problems before someone reports strange errors we don't
> believe he actually has - and that will create lots of confusion. To make a
> change we MUST create some UNIT test which tests all and can validate that
> maybe today PHP doesn't need this. Until then I'm for keeping it although
> it looks obscure...

Until then it would be good to have at least a few lines of comment above that
part so nobody wonders next time. Bernhard, will you do that, please?

- michael

PS: I'm currently doing military services and - other than expected - I'm
offline. There is a little telephone modem which I am using currently, but
don't expect fast replys from me like you are normally used to... ;-)