[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 1030, 277, 1472 possibly 1270

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Wed Dec 14 17:08:07 CET 2005

Bernhard Kraft <kraftb at kraftb.at> writes on
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:16:25 +0100 (MET):

> Solution:
> The problem was solved in such a way that it was taken in concern how
> browsers parse HTML/JS.
>
> The old concept of en- de-coding the value was completly dropped.

Berhard, we discussed it and you know I'm all for it. Just for the rest of the list: really, really old browsers will have troubles with non-ASCII characters, but I think it's better to have working multi-charset support for current browsers than Latin1 accents with browsers of the stone age.

And we have a negative logic again. I think it is easier to understand if you used "$hsc=true" and "if ($hsc) $value = htmlspecialchars($value);".

Otherwise +1

Masi

PS: I hope you have found all occurences of the rawurlencode stuff.

PPS: In the Core there is some more strange JS related logic. Perhaps this can be removed as well:

$LANG->JScharCode()
typo3/sysext/lang/lang.php