[TYPO3-core] Gremlin #381: "Page is being generated" should belocalized

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Dec 12 20:10:43 CET 2005

Martin Kutschker wrote:

>> The message "Page is being generated.
>> If this message does not disappear within 30 seconds, please reload."
>> should be translated in the current language.
>
> I see a problem in using UTF-8 without any conversion. Has getConfigVar()
> already been called at that time? If yes, you can use $this->csCOnvObj to
> recode the string to $this->renderCharset. If not it could perhaps called
> there just for this purpose.

I am using $this->csConvObj->utf8_encode() and $this->renderCharset to do
this now.

> I wouldn't set the attributes lang and xml:lang to en. You're trying to
> make it configurably, and so I think we need either a
> config.message_page_is_being_generated_lang or simply omit these
> attributes if config.message_page_is_being_generated is set.

Removed both in any case. I don't think this is a problem.

> On a sidenote I'd rather use transitional than strict. Folks are lazy :-)

I agree with Karsten that these folks are definitely not lazy. I will keep
it for now but you can change it if you want.

> PS: I tried to find the right place to set HTTP headers for this temporary
> content. From the discussion on typo3.dev I preferred this solution:
>
> header('Status: 503 Service Unavailable');
> header('Retry-After: 30');

I think the meta tag is also ok (see patch). Correct?

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out