[TYPO3-core] Changelog question

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Aug 24 11:14:12 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I have been contacted by Thomas Esders who is in charge of writing a
changelog for the press releases of upcoming releases.

He asks if we can point out the interesting changes so that he doesn't have
to search through all changes next time.

This is ok to me. I just wonder how this should be handled:
- mark entry lines in the changelog with a specific tag
- or have a separate file (for example in misc/changes.txt) where we can
  explain the changes more detailed (see [1])

I prefer to create a fresh changes.txt because this gives us some space to
advertise the feature a little bit more than in the changelog (make it
PR-ready).

OK for you?
Do you think this should be removed from the release archives? (CVS-only)

Regards, michael

PS: Masi, I think the Opera-fix is a first change that should be mentioned
in that file...

[1] http://typo3.org/development/articles/release-notes-380/
--
Use a newsreader! Check out