[TYPO3-sponsoring] Thoughts about: Development Donations

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed May 21 08:57:18 CEST 2008

Hi Stig,

> Me not knowing about this new list, Francois Suter asked me to repost
> this which I posted in typo3.dev yesterday:

Thanks

> Almost 3 years ago there was a discussion in typo3.dev about the
> donation "issue".
> I write once again, as I still think more donations could boost TYPO3
> development and have a positive impact.

As I answered you yesterday things are going to move for big projects.
As for small donations I think it is definitely in the plans to make the
process easier and more obvious in the revised typo3.org web site. As I
understand it there is now a clear will from the T3A to collect more money.

Indeed I have been working on a donations extension, but that's only
half the proble. As you mention, being actually able to collect the
money without coughing up too much fees is the real issue. Kian Gould as
looked at that and I hope things are going to move in that area too, but
  I'm not into that part.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter