[TYPO3-sponsoring] Thoughts about: Development Donations

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Wed May 21 08:06:32 CEST 2008

 > Any new thoughts since almost 3 years ago?

Another idea could be to base something on a commerce extension
integrated with typo3.org(possibly TER). Each product/article is a
project which you can donate money to. One of these products could cost
1€. So if you wish to donate 50€ you order 50.
When the product is sold out, the donation is completed and the money
transfer can be processed. If the product hasn't been sold out within a
specific time limit, none of the orderes will be carried out. No money
will be transfered.
T3 Association has to be in charge of the economics(see no one else) and
forward the money to the developer. Also this solution needs to support
the major international credit cards (VISA, Mastercard...).
Another question is how long we can wait until we transfer the money
from the credit card?

So this idea is basically something similar to fundable.com but without
the 7% fee.

/Stig