[TYPO3-v4] Bug or feature

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Thu Jan 26 19:21:56 CET 2012

Hello guys,

based on the core doc [1] (thanks to georg ringer) i do have a massive
question:

The above source states:
> It's highly recommended to prepend all custom fields and tables with
> the prefix “user_”. Not only will this prefix never be used for
> any default tables and fields, but the prefix is also recognized by
> the Install Tool thus warning you that this table or field is
> apparently a user-added field or table and thus should
> not be removed during updates of the database structure:

Appearently this is not correct, with that knowledge i thought i can
prevent user from accidently dropping tables dynamically created by
EXT:piwikintegration.

So my expectation is that the installtool ignores all tables prepended
with "user_" ;)

The related issue can be found here:
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/33136

Regards