[TYPO3-v4] How to insert YouTube video in 4.7?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 23 06:56:05 CET 2012

Hi,

On 21-1-2012 17:08, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> I filed a bug report for it: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/33357

Further debugging shows that the processing of the YouTube URLs seems to
be fine to some extend (it doesn't support the youtu.be url shortener
yet, but this is a different and quite easy issue), but the issue is
with the rendered player:

- the HTML video tag does not support YouTube URLs
- FlowPlayer doesn't support YouTube URLs out of the box

This raises some issues about why we should have the new media content
element:

- it is certainly not backwards compatible
- we had a nice flash based video player without license issues which
worked very well; what is the added value of FlowPlayer?
- the flexform interface is highly confusing for editors to work with
- how will we add support for all the video sites which are supported by
the mediaWizardCoreProvider? Who will do this?

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.