[TYPO3-v4] The future of ExtJS 4 in TYPO3 4.7

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Jan 13 08:41:08 CET 2012

Hi,

> I fear you didn't count for the human factor: "every task takes at least
> the amount of time allocated for it". Just after a release people tend
> to relax a bit. Feature freeze is a long time away. Just before feature
> freeze all kinds of thing need to get in.
> Then all these features need to have votes before the deadline.
>
> No matter how far away you will put the feature freeze there will always
> be a pile waiting just before the deadline.

I agree. In my original proposal I didn't suggest to just extend the
release period wildly. One reason was specific for 4.7 and would be
aimed at solving current issues. Another reason is not related to
development: I'm afraid that the current release cycle is simply too
much for TYPO3 agencies. At least that's what I observe at my day job.
But as Ingmar now said later in the thread, this would be a separate
discussion.

Francois Suter