[TYPO3-v4] The future of ExtJS 4 in TYPO3 4.7

Steffen Ritter info at steffen-ritter.net
Thu Jan 12 14:12:06 CET 2012

Am 12.01.2012 11:35, schrieb Kay Strobach:
> my basic idea it not to mix ExtJS 3 and 4 in a single Frame, but do the
> following:
Hi Kai,
I'm sorry to stop your enthusiams here, but having different versions
within the frames has been examined already and just does not work.

This is not dependent on which version ist the inner and which one is
the outer.

This is simply based upon the fact, that there always is much
interaction between modules within the iframe and the outer backend.
This applies to popups, creation of bookmarks, relogin, change of
worksapces, interaction with the pagetree and the module menu, ExtJS
StateProvider and so on.

Especially neither of the tools we need (Extension-Manager, VIDI,
Workspaces...) is that independent, that it can work iframe only.

So even If Olly did not mention all investigations which already have
been done, coming to the two options we presented, many other things
already have been tested...

regards

Steffen