[TYPO3-v4] The future of ExtJS 4 in TYPO3 4.7

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Thu Jan 12 11:35:29 CET 2012

Hello Oliver,

my basic idea it not to mix ExtJS 3 and 4 in a single Frame, but do the
following:

Having the cardLayout [1] we can use ExtJS4 in the top frame.
In the iframes Extensions still can use ExtJS3 and will get it with the
same API call which is currently available in the pagerender:

	[2] loadExtJS
	[3] loadExtCore

Anyway these calls should be deprecated and replace with sth like:

t3lib_pagerender::loadJSLib($name, $options)

While the pagerender uses a hook to call a class function which was
registered before. This way we add an easy and very standardized way to
add JS Libraries and the loadExtJS function simply can call the function.

Anyway we could move the extjs stuff to 2 extensions shipped with the core:

	- extjs4 (for outer frame)
	- extjs3 (for iframe)

Additionally we can move the prototype stuff to extensios, but this is
anotherer construction site.

This way we can migrate step by step AND we can also use ExtJS2 or other
stuff in the iframes.

The conclusion is to

Regards
Kay