[TYPO3-v4] The future of ExtJS 4 in TYPO3 4.7

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Jan 12 10:47:04 CET 2012

Hey Kay,

well, "migrating from prototype to jquery" is probably another
discussion here ;-), but I'd keep prototype for another 3 versions or
so, but announce that every ext developer, who uses the prototype core
package, should switch to jquery during the 1.5ys or something like
that. So, it's we only need to

 * include jQuery in a correct way that helps us deal with version
issues (which will arise for sure). I have some ideas on that.
 * change all prototype parts of the core to jQuery (this is some
backend.php stuff, IRRE and TCEforms, and some more)
 * deprecate but keep prototype.js/scriptaculous

All the best,
Benni.