[TYPO3-v4] The future of ExtJS 4 in TYPO3 4.7

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Thu Jan 12 10:39:22 CET 2012

Hi Benjamin,

my goal is not to drop ExtJS, but to make TYPO3 slimmer and faster
(either with pure ExtJS), but with less JS!

So migrating to jQuery is a hard Job:

http://www.lukemelia.com/blog/archives/2008/05/18/5-tips-for-porting-javascript-from-prototype-to-jquery/

http://andykdocs.de/andykdocs/document/Migrating-from-the-Prototype-JavaScript-Framework-to-jQuery

http://pathfindersoftware.com/2008/12/pimp-my-jquery-five-plugins-to-replace-the-features-prototype-and-scriptaculous-users-expect/

But may result in a very good solution.

Having vidi in the Backend would make some transitions less harmfull
(see my last statement)

Regards
Kay

Answere was usefull: https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach