[TYPO3-v4] About commit/resolves : Change I4199cb8c: [FEATURE] Redirect to Shortcut target page

Antoine Ardilouze a.ardilouze at alienor.net
Wed Nov 23 17:33:46 CET 2011

Le 23/11/2011 16:40, Antoine Ardilouze a écrit :
> Le 23/11/2011 16:25, Xavier Perseguers a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>>> I would like to inform you that i got a problem with this commit :
>>> https://review.typo3.org/#change,3398
>>>
>>> I use the extension "cooluri" (realurl's like).
>>>
>>> In my case, and maybe on others case, i got in my tree like this :
>>>
>>> - Root Page (siteroot =>  redirect to Home)
>>> -++ Page 1
>>> -++ Page 2
>>> -++ Page 3
>>>
>>> When i go on my website, with your new modification (4.6.0 and 4.6.1),
>>> there is a redirection from "/" to "/home.html".
>>> I propose to you if it is possible to not redirect if whe are on a
>>> siteroot page. (To keep "/" as home page)
>> What about doing it the other way around? Put your Home content onto
>> "Root Page", make it a standard page and make "Home" a shortcut to "Root
>> Page", if you need this "Home" page layer at all...
>>

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> In my differents websites, i need to switch home page and this first
> "Root Page" is very usefull to redirect on the good home page quickly.
> (My "Root page" is a container for sys_domain and TS Template).
>
> I'm sorry, I thinkI comeafter manydiscussionsabout it but.. SEO, its
> not a good thing to have a 301 on the first page.
> Nobody use a pre page ?
>
> Cordly,

To continue about my tree list, it looks like this :

- Root Page domain 1 (siteroot =>  redirect to Home)
-++ Page 1
-++ Page 2
-++ Page 3
-++ Sys_folder A
- Root Page domain 2 (siteroot =>  redirect to Home)
-++ Page 4
-++ Page 5
-++ Page 6
-++ Sys_folder B
- Sys_folder C
- Sys_folder D

It is very usefull to put some no-users sys_folders outside of pages
tree or outside multiples domains page root
Then, it's easy to configure just the page "home" as principal dbmount
page for a user / group / workspace

--
Antoine Ardilouze
a.ardilouze at alienor.net