[TYPO3-v4] Redirect (shortcut page) drops parameters

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Nov 21 13:10:53 CET 2011

Hi Xavier,

AFAIK the "type" parameter is always passed on via typoLink even if not
listed in the linkVars. The documentation of config.linkVars [1] even
recommends *against* listing it there, as you suggested:

  Note: Do not include the "type" parameter in the linkVars list, as
this can result in unexpected behavior.

So the (breaking change) bug in my opinion is that the type (if set) is
not being passed on when redirecting to the destination page as it
should (a regular typoLink usually keeps the current type except if
explicitly told via ".type" parameter).

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsref/4.5.1/view/1/6/#id2626469