[TYPO3-v4] Redirect (shortcut page) drops parameters

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon Nov 21 12:20:40 CET 2011

Hi,

This is a post related to this bug: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/31333

If you have a root page as shortcut and you want to access some special
version of your homepage (XML output or whatever) this way:

http://your-domain.tld/?type=123

Then in TYPO3 4.6 you get redirect to the corresponding shortcut target
page but without the type parameter, e.g.,

http://your-domain.tld/index.php?id=22

instead of what's requested:

http://your-domain.tld/index.php?id=22&type=123

Now, if you configure it with

config.linkVars = type

Then it works as intended.

Question is whether shortcut page should keep parameters because I don't
see the point of forwarding garbage automatically:

http://your-domain.tld/?type=123&lots=of&garbage=3&cHash=34567890df

I guess some "keep parameter" checkbox (feature request for 4.7) could
make sense and I'd tend to say that config.linkVars should be used in
TYPO3 4.6.

What's your opinion?

Thanks

--