[TYPO3-v4] New pagetree ...

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Thu Nov 18 17:24:15 CET 2010

Hi,

I just saw that "web" modules have to register themselves with
t3lib_extMgm::addNavigationComponent() if they want to benefit from the
new pagetree, otherwise they'll just get the old tree.

This seems to be a bit inconvenient since I (as extension author) don't
really care which tree the users get, as long as they get any tree. In
addition I fear that the users will not see any tree in the future if I
leave this registration out. From an API standpoint I'd say that "web"
modules who don't register themselves for a special tree type should
always get the latest tree and not the oldest.

So what are the plans for this and should extension-authors start adding
these calls to their ext_tables.php files or will this be done
automatically with later versions?

Cheers,
Tolleiv
--