[TYPO3-v4] Interface for Install Tool Checks

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Nov 15 04:48:10 CET 2010

Benjamin Mack wrote:

Hi Benni,

> Right now we checks:
>   - in the installer (Basic Configuration, 1-2-3)
>   - in the reports module
>   - in the introduction package
>   - in various other places throughout the core.
>
> So, I'd love to have a common interface / abstract class to define these
> checks.

> I'd love to hear some feedback on this, rather sooner than later in
> order to finish it on time for 4.5.

The initial idea when creating the system status report was to have all
these checks reusable, in fact they are!

The install tool at some point might use only a sub-set of all available
reports checks though.

The only thing that slipped through until now (and did again with some
newly introduced checks now in 4.5) was adopting the install tool to use
the reports module checks.

It's still on my list to straighten this out.

So I'd be happy to add your checks to the system status report.

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com