[TYPO3-mvc] RFC: New comments in FLUID

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Mar 5 18:47:57 CET 2012

Michael Knoll wrote:

Hi Michael,

> just wanted to ask, what you think about the following idea on how to
> add comments like <!--- ... ---> in Fluid template engine:
>
> http://mimi.kaktusteam.de/blog-posts/2012/02/fluid-comments/

Thanks for your input!
But I doubt that we need a new language construct for this: Fluid is
XML[1] and you can comment out parts with CDATA tags.
Obviously those parts will appear in the resulting HTML code (just like
with HTML comments).
That's why we introduced the f:comment ViewHelper. This basically works
the other way around: It skips everything between the tags but it *does*
parse it. See [2] for more infos.

Best,
Bastian

[1] the namespace imports are a bit special but they don't break the IDE
highlighting. We could probably allow the XML namespace declaration
syntax (<html [...] xmlns:foo="bar") as well, though (see
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/27119)

[2]
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-mvc/wiki/FAQ#How-can-I-comment-out-parts-of-my-Fluid-template