[TYPO3-mvc] FLOW3 / Extbase Workflow

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Mon Mar 5 18:33:22 CET 2012

Hi,

I agree on the general freedom to introduce new things either in Extbase
or FLOW3. It's just that I'm not really sure if it works out. What if
FLOW3 says "nice idea but it should be done different" since they
possibly didn't follow the proposal while it was still under discussion
for Extbase? And if thy integrate it, will Extbase then "give in" and
modify their way of handling things again just not too loose track of
how FLOW3 did it?

In my eyes it's a challenge to follow both worlds closely. You don't
need to look into every implementation-detail inside a function - but
basic concepts and APIs etc. imho.

If both projects diverge too much I don't see why we should continue to
keep developing both in parallel. One important point I'd say was to be
able to write extensions "the new way" and have them easily portable. If
we give that up then I don't see much reason to have Extbase at all
(except not being able to go the FLOW3-way either since you'd lack a CMS
as of today :-)).

Kind regards,
 Stefan