[TYPO3-mvc] Using configuration in schedular tasks

Patrick Broens patrick at patrickbroens.nl
Tue Jan 31 20:39:17 CET 2012

Hi Henjo,

I've digged up some old code of mine for this. Think it was for an
extension in TYPO3 4.5

In ext_localconf.php:
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SC_OPTIONS']['scheduler']['tasks']['tx_extension_System_Tasks_YourClass']
= array(
	'extension' => $_EXTKEY,
	'title' => 'Bla',
	'description' => 'More bla',
	'additionalFields' => ''
);

And your task:
tx_extension_System_Tasks_YourClass extends tx_scheduler_Task {

	/**
	 * Public method, usually called by scheduler.
	 *
	 * Because we are using ExtBase, we need to do some hacking here.
	 *
	 * @return boolean True on success
	 * @author Patrick Broens <patrick at patrickbroens.nl>
	 */
	public function execute() {
		$configuration = array(
			'extensionName' => 'Extension',
			'pluginName' => 'Pi1'
		);

		$_GET['tx_extension_pi1']['controller'] = 'TheController';
		$_GET['tx_extension_pi1']['action'] = 'index';

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['extbase']['extensions']['extension']['modules']['Pi1']['controllers']
= array(
			'TheController' => array('actions' => array('index'))
		);

		$bootstrap = new Tx_Extbase_Core_Bootstrap();
		$bootstrap->run('', $configuration);

		return TRUE;

As you can see, $_GET variables are declared here and the bootstrap is
used. Now the controller can call $this->settings

As Claus already said, this submitted Scheduler Integration Feature for
ExtBase should work also.

Cheers

Patrick