[TYPO3-mvc] bind a foreign database to a repository

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Wed Jan 25 08:06:54 CET 2012

Hi,

I see 2 ways:

a) use a cron/whatever and import the whole table into the one of TYPO3,
maybe add the needed fields like uid and you will get not problems

b) I am not sure if you can still use the TYPO3DbBackend, we do it a bit
different here. We got webservices/mssql databases and connect those
with a custom Repository and do all query stuff on our own and in the
end we just do the model mapping on yourselfs and let it render in the
view as usual.

Georg