[TYPO3-mvc] FED and TemplaVoila compatibility

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Fri Feb 17 17:56:37 CET 2012

Hi Adrien,

...and everybody else - please bear with me using the list for FED support, this potentially is useful info for many of you - I hope ;)

> I tried to upgrade to the following:
>
>   - TYPO3 4.6.4
>   - TemplaVoila 1.6.1
>   - FED on master 4b716306018ec332e5978344de9d8cd003b2b8e9
>   - Flux on master 7927d8cbdb419b2768bbeee0659d469346fbf408
>   - gridelements NOT installed because it clonficts with TemplaVoila

Check, sounds correct.

> I also removed all other extensions except my own (which use FED's
> ViewHelpers). I am still confused when trying to edit a page in backend.
> Here is a screeshot before/after: http://i.imgur.com/zbwGP.png

This shows what used to be before this patch:

https://review.typo3.org/#change,9033

> There must be something obvious I still didn't understand, but it doesn't
> work as I expect. So I would really appreciate if you could help me find
> out how to keep TemplaVoila layout system.

This is hopefully a shot in the right direction - did you remove the temp_CACHED_* files from typo3conf and clear all caches? You could have a cached hook definition, telling the TYPO3 flexform processor to use FED's FlexForm service instead of Flux's Service (FED's Service doesn't have the patch yet; but I'm adding it immediately after this mail!)

I hope that's the solution - if it's not then just let me know :)

Cheers,
Claus