[TYPO3-mvc] FED and TemplaVoila compatibility

Adrien Crivelli adrien.crivelli at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 15:04:55 CET 2012

Hello,

I recently started using FED
extension<http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-fed>to use its
ViewHelpers within my own extension. That looks promising, but I
noticed that in backend that FED seems to take over
TemplaVoila<http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-templavoila>,
making it impossible (?) to create page layout. I had a look in FED
settings and unchecked everything (this is the default anyway). And by
reading all those settings I would assume that FED is completely inactive,
thus letting me use ViewHelpers without messing with TemplaVoila. However
this is not what I see in backend.

When looking for a solution on the web it seems to imply that FED can be
used side-by-side with TemplaVoila, but in practice I couldn't do so. Is
there anything special I should do to make it "compatible" ? Or is there
another way to go to be able to benefit from FED's ViewHelpers ?

TIA

Adrien