[TYPO3-mvc] extbase and workspaces/versioning

Patrick Schriner patrick.schriner at diemedialen.de
Thu Feb 16 10:51:49 CET 2012

I had (some time ago) similar problems on a large scale project.

My result was a (small) patch, that I submitted as a patch request
(http://forge.typo3.org/issues/26732).
I later refined the patch.

Non-surprisingly (I was suspecting the patch to be "a little bit too
simple") it wasn't accepted immediately, although I encountered no issues
when using extbase with version / workspaces in frontend and backend
context with this patch.

What came to me as a surprise: 2 weeks ago the simpler (!) version was
committed.

If I remember correctly one of the reasons for the refined patch was the
different handling of "pages" records in workspaces overlays.

I'd recommend you try both solutions. Using the extbase configuration it
is quite easy to use a small custom storage backend for trying such a
patch.

config.tx_extbase {
    objects {
       Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Storage_BackendInterface {
          className = Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Storage_Typo3DbBackend

--
Patrick Schriner