[TYPO3-mvc] Where / how to store extension related data?

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Tue Feb 14 14:44:10 CET 2012

On 02/14/2012 02:39 PM, Stig Nørgaard Færch wrote:
> I'm creating my first Extbase extension. So far so good. :-)
>
> In my BE module, I need a page where the user can edit some different
> settings and data for the extension.
>
> First of all, the user needs to be able to edit the subject and bodytext
> of an email template.
>
> And maybe also other data like sender email and name.
>
> There also could be boolean checkbox data.
>

> The good question for me is - how and where should these data be stored?

Hi,

Well I think you have several options. You could add some settings as
Extension-settings (to be changed through the Extension manager). But
for the ones you mention above you wouldn't usally do that since they
would be global.

Another option might be to add them via TypoScript. To be able to easily
change them you want want to define some as constants so users can use
the Constants editor.

Or you could just add them as part of your plugin with a
flexform-configuration inside the "content-element" which you use to
insert your extension on a page.

Or you could offer a combination of TypoScript/flexform like other
extensions do.

That's not much different between a "normal" extension and an
Extbase-extension.

Regards,
 Stefan