[TYPO3-mvc] [RFC] Keeping FLOW3 Compatibility

Felix Oertel f at oer.tel
Sun Feb 12 13:35:42 CET 2012

Hey,

Am 12.02.12 12:41, schrieb Helmut Hummel:
> On 12.02.12 11:24, Felix Oertel wrote:
>> I don't really see why we, as a backport-developers, now should have to
>> come to the v5 team, serving them everything on a silver tray.
>
> There's no benefit in nourishing an attitude of "we agianst them".

Yeah, but there is also no benefit in pretending, we are one big happy
family community. ;-)

I spoke to quiet some people in the recent past, espacially at FLOW3
usergroups this topic came up. Everyone (literally!) was talking about
"they" and "them", not "us".

> It's about what makes sense and how to save resources.

That's right. But sometimes I get the feeling, that some resources are
worthier than other. While some "resources" are spent to develop the new
stuff, other's are meant to write the unit-tests for it. That's not
exactly the problem, just an illustration ...)

> It does not make sense to allow features/ bugfixes go into extbase
> without requiring unit tests.

FACK!

> It does not make sense and is a waste of resource to let the extbase/
> fluid code diverge from FLOW3

I think so too. But my post was not about the code base but about the
attitude about how to deal with each other.

regards, foertel

--
I LOVE TYPO3 - ASSOCIATED GOLD MEMBER
please support our work http://bit.ly/supportTYPO3