[TYPO3-mvc] Will Extbase 1.4 work on TYPO3 4.5?

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Sun Feb 12 09:59:54 CET 2012

On Feb 12, 2012, at 8:45 AM, Xavier Perseguers wrote:

> I quickly read them:
>
> - I'd like to read a comment that some part is needed for compatibility
> with 4.5 (just see the big chunk of code in ext_localconf.php :/)
> - CGL is not enforced (ext_tables.sql: blank spaces instead of tabs,
> blank space before parentheses, ...)
> - t3lib_div::int_from_ver, suggestion in comment is OK but no way to use
> something deprecated that will trigger deprecationLog
> - Commit message misses the Releases line. You want to push that to
> master, so TYPO3 4.7. What about 4.6? We don't need it, that's true but
> to be sure. It sounds like more a candidate for the TYPO3_4-5-backports
> and TYPO3_4-6-backports just as announced in a news recently:
>
> http://buzz.typo3.org/people/ernesto-baschny/article/typo3-45-lts-and-backports/

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for the input. I see some problems are caused by dumping the syntax from Sequel Pro, others are caused by an official Caching Framework guide using deprecated functions:

http://wiki.typo3.org/Caching_framework

In any case - I'll make sure to handle all of these when we've finished discussing wether or not to even include this change - which I certainly hope we will...

Cheers,
Claus