[TYPO3-mvc] Missing Features in Extbase?!

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Sun Feb 5 09:36:30 CET 2012

Hello guys,

having done several extbase Extensions now, i found a (atleast for me)
annoying problem in extbase:

There is no standard way in extbase to respect "storagePid" and
"recursive" values defined in flexforms to tell the repository where the
records are stored.

In the following example i use the fe_users table. And the goal is to
display all users from a given page.

Lets take a deeper look:

 1 Create Flexform
 2 Create Controller
 3 Create Repository
 4 add a function to repository to filter by storage pid and recursive
 5 Add static function to resolve starting point and storage pid (to a
   comma seperated value)

Normally i would assume, that the following would be enough:

 1 Create Flexform
 2 Create Controller
 3 Create Repository

All the other functions are duplicated in many extensions (e.g. news,
simulatefe, and others).

So my question is:

	Would it make sense to add storagePid and recursive handling in
	flexforms to default extbase, like in
        switchableControllerActions? - I'd like it!

Code can be reused either from EXT:news or other projects ;)

Related issue on forge http://forge.typo3.org/issues/33681

Regards
Kay

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!