[TYPO3-mvc] Use user-locale in extension

Thilo Schneider freget at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 27 23:09:17 CEST 2010

Dear list,

I created my own view-helper that formats DateTime-Objects according to
the current locale. This works like a charm for all actions called from
the frontend, thus the dates are in my current locale.

However, all actions used within the backend part of my extension seem
to ignore the locale set. The whole backend is, as intended, in German -
only my extension does not seem to respect this setting.

Does anybody know how to get my extension to respect the system locale?
Well, probably someone does ;)

Thanks in advance,
Thilo Schneider