[TYPO3-mvc] Tx_Extbase_MVC_Controller_Argument StoragePage

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Wed Jun 23 12:18:04 CEST 2010

Hi.

On 2010-06-23, Christian Müller [kitsunet] <christian at kitsunet.de> wrote:
> On 23.06.2010 11:40, Jochen Rau wrote:
>> I totally agree with Karsten here. All "findAnythingByUniqueIdentifier()" methods should return The object regardless of their storage PID. (although I do not know the abbrevation GRSP ;-)).
>>
>> I attached a patch to http://forge.typo3.org/issues/5631 to test this behavior.
>>
> Thanks for the Patch, I think this way around is much better because now
> the specific extension can still check the returned object for its
> storage page if needed (and do whatevery appropriate), but at least you
> will have no error.

With this solution it is up to the controller to decide which argument object is allowed for further processing. This "decision" is clearly no business logic. The storage PID is a kind of overloaded with responsibilities: access restriction, domain restiction, sorting, usability for editors ... .

OTOH we should stick to the PID restriction for all methods other than "...ByUid()".

Regards
Jochen