[TYPO3-mvc] Tx_Extbase_MVC_Controller_Argument StoragePage

"Christian Müller [kitsunet]" christian at kitsunet.de
Wed Jun 23 12:03:38 CEST 2010

On 23.06.2010 11:40, Jochen Rau wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On 2010-06-22, Michael Feinbier<mf at hdnet.de>  wrote:
>> Am 22.06.10 15:01, schrieb Karsten Dambekalns:
>>> Generally, using a storage pid seems like a bad idea, as it leads to
>>> such problems. Anyway, I remember suggesting the use of the GRSP for
>>> Extbase - it could be used in addition to a specific storage page for
>>> "shared objects". Similarly records on pid 0 could included automatically.
>>
>> This is the old more general discussion of the need of the storagePid
>> itself.
>> There exist many Tasks for that eg.
>> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/5631
>>
>> (the problem with Tx_Extbase_MVC_Controller_Argument is already
>> mentioned here by the way)
>
> I totally agree with Karsten here. All "findAnythingByUniqueIdentifier()" methods should return The object regardless of their storage PID. (although I do not know the abbrevation GRSP ;-)).
>
> I attached a patch to http://forge.typo3.org/issues/5631 to test this behavior.
>
> Regards
> Jochen

Thanks for the Patch, I think this way around is much better because now
the specific extension can still check the returned object for its
storage page if needed (and do whatevery appropriate), but at least you
will have no error.

GRSP (General Record Storage Page -> German "Allgemeine
Datensatzsammlung" is the name of the page property that sets the
default storage page, which is used by eg. templavoila or tt_news).

Christian