[TYPO3-mvc] Extbase performance optimization

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Jun 23 11:07:44 CEST 2010

Hey,

> I've been working on another extbase extension for quite a while and I'm
> glad that im nearly done. One thing bothers me though the performance is
> quite shocking. My querys take forever to process. For example I'm
> fetching a list with projects ( findAll()), every project has some
> related objects which I don't need in this view so I marked them @lazy
> in the model. Still my query with about 50 entrys exceeds 2 mb in size.
> Is there some problem with the @lazy annotation? I'm using the latest
> extbase checkout from the forge, or is there another way to limit the
> query output (Define which fields are fetched in the repository
> method?). I don't want to write raw sql querys but If I can't get this
> fixed I'd might have to :(.

extbase is always fetching ALL fields from a db row - so if you have a
large description assigned to your projects it' obvious to exceed 2 MB.
The @lazy annotation does only mean, that extbase does not initially
fetch related records of that property.

If you don't want to read all fields from your DB row, then I fear you
have to use a raw DB query or fiddle about with the QOM layer.