[TYPO3-mvc] Extbase performance optimization

Alex Bailey vile at planet-generals.de
Wed Jun 23 10:43:20 CEST 2010

Hi there,
I've been working on another extbase extension for quite a while and I'm
glad that im nearly done. One thing bothers me though the performance is
quite shocking. My querys take forever to process. For example I'm
fetching a list with projects ( findAll()), every project has some
related objects which I don't need in this view so I marked them @lazy
in the model. Still my query with about 50 entrys exceeds 2 mb in size.
Is there some problem with the @lazy annotation? I'm using the latest
extbase checkout from the forge, or is there another way to limit the
query output (Define which fields are fetched in the repository
method?). I don't want to write raw sql querys but If I can't get this
fixed I'd might have to :(.

Big thanks in advance

Alex