[TYPO3-mvc] Tx_Extbase_MVC_Controller_Argument StoragePage

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Tue Jun 22 17:42:55 CEST 2010

Hey,

>> if only aggregate roots should/can have a repository in DDD, how is one
>> supposed to fetch objects/data for special needs the right way?
>
> What special needs? If the data you request belongs to a model then you get it from it. If you think
> about statistical data etc then the repository itself will give you the data (when you create the
> special methods on it).

Yes, with special needs I also meant something like statistics, but also
special occasions, where it's just way faster to fetch
non-aggregate-roots (e.g. for building up select boxes for filtering
stuff) via their own repositories with a special query instead of
fetching and iterating over ALL your aggregate roots and collect the
needed information (which can be quite a lot and kills performance).
Or is it in those cases better to ask the aggregate root repository to
deliver those other objects?
Someone has to enlighten me on that during T3DD (and testdriven design)

> I haven't read the thread in full, but I have the impression that some here want to perform raw SQL
> queries on the repository. They shouldn't. If you need a calculation done on the data within the
> repository ask the repository for it. Do not ask it for raw records, ask it for the calculation results.

No, that was not the point - I went a bit off topic with my question.